What is copywriting?
Copywriting involves writing persuasively in order to sell a product or service. It is the writing used in advertising and marketing material such as brochures, newspaper/magazine advertisements, flyers, direct mail letters, websites etc.
How much do you charge for your copywriting services?
Please visit the copywriting rates page for details.
I would like my website copy rewritten or written from scratch. What is the process?
If you’ve never used a copywriter before, then the process might seem daunting and confusing. But it’s not. It’s actually really enjoyable and easy.
Every copywriter has a different process, but here’s mine:
1. You send me an initial email outlining your needs.
2. In response to this email, I may ask for further clarification. Or, if I have received enough information from your email then I will send you back:
- An explanation of how I can help
- The timeframe in which I can complete your work
- A confirmation of cost
There is absolutely no obligation to proceed, nor will you be badgered and bothered.
3. If you wish to proceed, then I will invoice you for a 50% deposit. My direct bank deposit details will be on the invoice I email to you.
4. Once the deposit is in my account I will email you a questionnaire, which is known as the Client Brief.
5. Based on the Client Brief and my own competitor research, I will write your copy.
6. Your copy will be emailed to you – and hopefully you’ll love it! You can of course give me feedback and make further suggestions for revisions. If you require revisions, I will make changes to the copy and send it back.
7. When you’re 100% happy with the copy, I’ll send you an invoice for the balance. Easy!
Who will complete the copywriting for me?
In most cases this will be me, Lucinda Lions. However, I can refer you to another equally qualified writer if I'm unable to complete your writing job in the timeframe that you require.
When can I expect my copywriting to be completed?
This depends on the size and nature of the writing project, as well as my current workload. Generally it is within 7 - 21 working days. I can give you a better indication of the time frame once you get in touch.
How do I pay Lion Writing?
The easiest way is by direct bank deposit. You will receive my banking details with your first invoice.
Do you offer a guarantee?
Yes, I guarantee that you will be happy with the words I write for your website. I take a thorough ‘client brief’ so that I know your requirements upfront. It’s normal that your wording might require some minor revisions, and I will do these minor revisions for free.
Do you guarantee a boost in my sales?
Copywriting has the power to boost your sales, and while it generally does, your sales are dependent on your overall marketing and business strategy, not just your copywriting. So the answer to this question is a friendly ‘no’. If you are after specific marketing advice I can refer you on to a specialised marketing consultant.
Do you ask for a deposit?
Yes, I ask for a 50% deposit before any writing begins.
What happens if I’m not satisfied with what you’ve written?
No problems! There is a 100% money back guarantee.
I’m good at English, why can’t I just save money and write my own wording?
You can, and it will definitely save you money. But the question is: will it make you money? Writing and copywriting are two different animals. The act of normal writing is simply about conveying a message, whereas copywriting is about writing a persuasive message that drives people to take action. Added to that, writing for the web is completely different to writing for printed material.
Do you register trademarks and patents?
No. That is known as 'copyright' and it is different to the act of copywriting, which is writing persuasive wording in order to sell a product, service or idea.
Who is responsible for the accuracy of the information in my website.
You. I base the information on details you provide to me, or research that relates to your industry. I am generally not a professional in your industry, so the copy will need to be checked for accuracy. The copyright for the words on your website belongs to you, not Lion Writing.
I would like to refer Lion Writing on to a friend, do you want to know about this?
Absolutely! I am incredibly grateful when my clients and acquaintances refer me on to others, and I definitely want to know about this.